India’s leading steel producer in the private sector, Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) aspires to become a globally admired organisation that enhances the quality of life of all stakeholders through sustainable development with great care for the environment and needs of the society.
Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) India’s leading steel producer company in the private sector aspires to become a globally admired organization that enhances the quality of life of all stakeholders through sustainable development by effective participation and consultation of its employees’ with utmost care for the environment and needs of the society, by adopting the Risk Based Thinking methodology.
The Company aims to be the most efficient and reliable steel producer; and carry out its business/operations with utmost regard for safety and care for the environment.
The Company is committed to protect and improve the environment and abide by the laws & regulations concerning the environment.
Jindal Steel and Power Limited is committed to:
- Work towards Environment Protection, Prevention of environmental pollution, and Environment Improvement around its business units.
- Adopt sound Environment Management practices to achieve sustainable growth.
- Comply with all applicable statutory and other norms/ requirements for environmental protection.
- Institute and implement systems to deal with environmental issues, ensuring compliance and reporting.
- Evaluating effectiveness of system through regular audits and management reviews.
- Continual improvement in our environmental performance.
Safety and Occupational Health Policy (SOH)
Jindal Steel & Power Limited reaffirms its commitment to provide safe work place environment to its personnel and other stakeholders as an integral part of its business philosophy and values through effective participation and consultation of workers.
We will continually enhance our Safety & Occupational Health (SOH) performance in our activities, products and services through a structured SOH management framework.
Towards this commitment, we shall;
- Ensure compliance with applicable SOH legislations and other requirements.
- Establish and achieve SOH objectives.
- Prevent/ minimize SOH risks through continual improvement in process and practices at all levels and functions for prevention of injury and ill health of the personnel.
- Ensure that SOH is integrated in all managerial decision including procurement of materials; selection of machinery/ equipment; selection/ placement of personnel and setting up of projects.
- Enhance awareness, skill and competence of our personnel so as to enable them to demonstrate their involvement, responsibility and accountability for sound SOH performance.
- Carryout Risk Assessment associated with operations and take remedial measures proactively and implement system of Health and Safety Audits.
We shall review this SOH Policy periodically and to be communicated to all persons working under the control of the organization and shall be available to the interested parties.
JINDAL STEEL & POWER LIMITED is committed to ensure customers’ satisfaction and reach the leading position by adopting the Risk Based Thinking methodology in each product segment by:
- On time & Full delivery of quality products that conform to our customers’ and applicable requirements
- Continually improving our systems and processes by value addition and product development through innovation
- Up gradation of relevant technology to adapt to the changing needs of the organization and ensure training and development of the employees
- Involving all employees for implementing and continually improving the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Periodically reviewing the Quality Policy and communicating across the organization to align with business requirements.
- Training and motivating all employees to ensure that the entire corporation is equipped and capable of achieving quality objectives.
Total Productive Maintenance Policy (TPM)
We, at Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL), will work for implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) at all spheres of our activities by:
- Aiming Zero defects, Zero breakdowns, Zero losses and Zero Accident.
- Improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) for safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Creating a safe, clean, and pleasant work environment leading to higher employee morale and greater organizational profitability.
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy (CSR)
Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) strongly believes that sustainable community development is essential for harmony between the community and the industry. The company endeavors to make a positive contribution Specially to the underprivileged communities by supporting a wide range of socio-economic, educational and health initiatives. JSPL is committed to integrate its business values and operations to meet the expectations of all its stakeholders.
JSPL will serve its communities by:
- Ensuring presence through meaningful community participation and proactive engagement.
- Building and strengthening community institutions and Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs )
- Working in partnership with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Government bodies to widen the reach and leverage each partner’s individual experience and expertise.
- Partnering CSR initiatives through Donor Agencies /Project Implementing Agencies / Corporate Partners / Corporations / bodies.
- Providing maximum assistance during times of disasters.
- Encouraging employee volunteerism.
- Adhering to the CSR activities as required by the Law.
- Promote economic, social, educational, infrastructural and health development by providing active support to local initiatives.
- Create significant difference in the lives of stakeholders by aligning initiatives with sustainable development.
- Optimum use of physical, financial and natural resources by collaborating with Government Organizations, community based organization, donor agencies, foundations, corporates and other development/likeminded partners.
- Ensure stakeholders participation in planning and execution of development initiatives to create ownership and accountability.
- Enhance capacity, skill and competence of employee, development partners, community and other stakeholders to enable them to involve in sustainable development initiatives.
- Organize local youths to promote Sports, Art and Culture and also create an opportunity for them so that they can represent their country.
- Ensure People/Community participation during execution of CSR activities.
- Environment conservation though sustainable initiatives.
We, Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) India’s leading steel producer company in the private sector aspire to become a globally admired organization that enhances the quality of life of all stakeholders through sustainable development with utmost care for the environment and energy.
- We are committed to continually improve energy efficiency and reliability of our operations and shall carry out all processes in an efficient manner that enhances energy performance.
- We shall be guided by principles of Energy Management System and ensure:
- Availability of required resources and information relevant for achieving improvements by setting objectives, targets and energy management action plans,
- Compliance with applicable legal and other requirements for energy use, consumption and efficiency,
- Spreading awareness on importance of energy management across all levels of the Organization,
- Monitoring of energy use, energy consumption and practices by deploying effective real time data capturing and analysis tools,
- Adoption of appropriate practices and technologies that enhances energy efficiency through recovery of waste energy and utilization of renewable or alternative energy sources, wherever feasible,
- Integration of energy performance requirements while taking decisions related to process or equipment modifications, design and renovation activities including procurement of energy services, products, equipment and energy.